This tutorial examines the installed files for a handful of popular NuGet packages. You'll see how a real package is constructed and look at the content of the Lib, Build, Tools and Content folders. You'll also learn how these folders and files lead to the application project changes in Visual Studio
- [Voiceover] In this video I'll explore the contents…of the Packages folder.…This will provide concrete examples…of the principles I discussed in the previous movie.…I'm working with my three projects,…TinyASP, TinyDesktop, and TinyWeb.…You'll recall that each one of these projects…has one or more NuGet packages installed.…To see the solution inside File Explorer,…right-click on the solution and choose…Open Folder in File Explorer,…and you'll see this view.…When NuGet installs a package into a project…it adds a config file to the root of the project.…Let me show you what I mean.…
I'll open up TinyWeb, and I'll open up…this packages.config file,…this is the file that NuGet created during…the install process.…When I double-click on this, it'll launch…a program on my machine called Notepad++.…You can see in here that there's three packages,…bootstrap version 3.3.6, jQuery version 1.9.1,…and NUnit version 3.0.1.…Since I have three projects and I have multiple packages…installed in each, there'll also be some config files…
- What is a package manager?
- Installing NuGet in Visual Studio
- Installing and managing packages
- Updating packages
- Working with PowerShell and NuGet
- Finding packages with NuGet Gallery and ASP.NET MVC
- Using Package Restore
- Using the Chocolatey machine packet manager
- Using Boxstarter for creating installation packages
- Using OneGet/PackageManagement
- Creating, publishing, and installing a custom NuGet package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Package Managers Explained
2. Explore NuGet in Visual Studio 2015
3. Use the NuGet PowerShell Integration
Work with PowerShell3m 5s
4. Interesting and Useful NuGet Packages
5. Use Package Restore
6. Leverage NuGet with Chocolatey
7. Leverage NuGet with Other Tools
8. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.