Learn how to protect your network, set up antivirus protection and firewalls, and scan for malware and suspicious activity with Norton Internet Security.
- View Offline
- Welcome to Norton Internet Security Essential Training. I'm Nancy Muir. In this course, I'll teach you about all the types of threats that are out there and exactly what role Norton Internet Security plays in protecting you. You'll learn about making settings to customize how Norton protects your computer. Because malware often slows your computer down, you can also use Norton to view important information about how well your computer's performing. I'll also explain why it's important to update virus definitions and perform scans of your computer on a regular basis.
Other portions of this course focus on how to protect your home network using Norton Internet Security tools. And how to protect yourself when you're moving around online. Norton can help you avoid risks while using your browser, emailing or messaging. In the final section of this course, I talk about making Norton Internet Security part of an overall online security plan that includes modifying your own online behavior to stay safer. Finally, I review help and support options for Norton Internet Security.
Now it's time to get going so you can start to make yourself and your family safer from online security risks right away.
She explains how to set up real-time protection, configure scans of your system, and schedule tasks so that they don't hog system resources at important times. She'll also show how to set up a Smart Firewall to protect your entire network, and configure antivirus and antispam protection for messaging and email. Then learn how to protect and control your family's experience online, use an Identity Safe account for web browsing, and work with Norton's add-on cloud-sharing, mobile security, and remote monitoring services. Finally, Nancy explains how to incorporate Norton software as part of an overall privacy and security effort.
- Installing Norton Internet Security
- Excluding sites from scans
- Viewing performance data
- Running updates
- Configuring and running scans
- Protecting yourself online and on mobile devices