Learn the principles of microservice architecture, how it relates to debugging and performance, and why this course uses it.
- [Instructor] As I was designing this course,…I asked myself,…what would I have found most helpful…as I was learning how to debug…and tune Node applications?…How are modern scalable applications built?…What do engineers find challenging?…What's missing from existing debugging…and performance tuning tutorials and documentation?…What avoids complexities specific to front-end frameworks…and focuses on the back end?…Finally, what's an example…of a high-performance application design?…The answer to all these questions…is a microservice architecture.…
Throughout this chapter,…we're gonna be learning the fundamentals of microservices.…We'll explore how our application was built…and why it matters.…We'll manage multiple Node.js services at the same time.…Finally, we'll start and explore…our rock paper scissors application.…So what is a microservice architecture?…A microservice architecture is when an application is built…from a collection of independent, modular services.…
Each service communicates with each other…using standard protocols.…
- Building a troubleshooting mindset
- Why measure performance?
- What's a microservice architecture?
- Managing microservices with PM2
- Effective logging strategies
- Debugging Node.js applications
- Benchmarking performance
- Profiling code execution
- Knowing what to optimize
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
1. Build a Troubleshooting Mindset
2. Introducing Microservices
3. Effective Logging Strategies
4. Debugging Node.js Applications
Debugging isn't just logging3m 51s
5. Measuring Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.