What are namespaces and why use them?
- [Instructor] Welcome to the video…What are Namespaces.…This is part of the series…Build Complex Sites with Redis and Socket.io.…In this Video, we're gonna cover…the what and why of using namespaces…which are another way to segment users in Socket.IO.…Now namespaces may seem similar to rooms in Socket.IO.…And to be honest, they kind of are.…They both separate clients,…but they do it in different ways…and accomplish different things.…One of the first differences…is that the clients knows it is connecting…to a specific namespace.…
We will see shortly what the server needs…to do to do this and the client as well.…Secondly, a namespace creates…a completely separate instance…of the Socket.IO connection.…This means that we can have part of Socket.IO…that does commenting and the messages…that are specific to that and another section that covers,…for example, scores of sports and sends messages there.…So when you really break it down,…namespaces fill the same need…that namespaces do in programming languages.…
It allows the same named events…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.