Learn how to quickly and efficiently build REST-based APIs using LoopBack, an easy-to-use Node.js framework.
- [Raymond] Working with APIs is one of the most common things a developer can do. While it isn't too hard to call an API, creating an API can be more work, and sometimes, very repetitive work. But using the right tools can make this both rapid and easy to implement. I'm Raymond Camden, and in this course, I'll cover how to quickly and easily build REST-based APIs using the open source Node.js framework, LoopBack. I'll cover how to install LoopBack and what you'll need to get started.
I'll then show you how to create APIs using the CLI. Next I'll show you how to test those APIs using the tools LoopBack generates for you automatically. And then I'll go into detail about the multiple different ways LoopBack lets you customize your APIs. Finally I'll show you a real world example of a front end application making use of LoopBack-powered APIs on the back end. I think you'll find LoopBack both powerful and easy to use, so let's get started.
- What is LoopBack?
- Models and how they relate to APIs
- LoopBack security features
- Preventing unauthorized access to an app
- Customizing LoopBack
- Operation hooks and remote hooks
- Creating a front end
- Debugging with LoopBack
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing APIs with LoopBack
Creating a model via CLI5m 43s
3. Data Sources
Locking down the app3m 49s
5. Customizing LoopBack
6. Filtering and Validating Data
7. Demo LoopBack App
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.