Learn how to quickly and efficiently build REST-based APIs using LoopBack, an easy-to-use Node.js framework.
- [Raymond] Working with APIs is one of the most common things a developer can do. While it isn't too hard to call an API, creating an API can be more work, and sometimes, very repetitive work. But using the right tools can make this both rapid and easy to implement. I'm Raymond Camden, and in this course, I'll cover how to quickly and easily build REST-based APIs using the open source Node.js framework, LoopBack. I'll cover how to install LoopBack and what you'll need to get started.
I'll then show you how to create APIs using the CLI. Next I'll show you how to test those APIs using the tools LoopBack generates for you automatically. And then I'll go into detail about the multiple different ways LoopBack lets you customize your APIs. Finally I'll show you a real world example of a front end application making use of LoopBack-powered APIs on the back end. I think you'll find LoopBack both powerful and easy to use, so let's get started.
- What is LoopBack?
- Models and how they relate to APIs
- LoopBack security features
- Preventing unauthorized access to an app
- Customizing LoopBack
- Operation hooks and remote hooks
- Creating a front end
- Debugging with LoopBack