Discover how to leverage the latest features in Node.js by using ECMAScript 6 in your Node.js applications.
While we convert this robust node application to ES6, I'll share best practices and valuable context around these new features so that you'll walk away with a deep understanding of the changes and how to best utilize all of the newest features. I've organized all of the major ES6 features into four sections. We'll start by looking at new syntax, like default parameters, arrow functions, rest parameters, and classes. Then we'll look at objects in ES6, with the new ways to declare properties and functions on objects.
- Using arrow functions
- Using default parameters
- Reviewing the class structure in ES6
- Assigning variables with let and const
- Array destructuring and object destructuring
- Replacing callbacks with promises
- Keeping values unique with Set
- Dropping the prototype with Map
- Working with generators
- Using yield with arguments