The tiny-timer package, available on npm, is a small countdown and stopwatch module that can be used to enhance the countdown application.
- [Instructor] We're still in the process … of building our countdown clock. … Thus far, we've found two modules that we've installed … with npm to help us with this task. … There's still one more step. … We have to run a timer and remove the stars. … Now, I've heard of a module called tiny-timer … which is just a little timer that we can use … to help us build our countdown clock. … Let's head to our npm, and look for tiny-timer. … And since I already know about this package, … we can search for it by name. … So here it is, the tiny-timer, … and this package is just going to run a timer for us. … It looks like if we listen for a tick events, … we can actually have a timer that works every second. … We also have to set the interval it looks like down here … within the usage function. … So let's go ahead and install the tiny-timer. … Thus far, we've installed the modules by typing npm install, … but there is a shortcut. … We can use npm i, … and not have to type out the whole word install. …
- Making HTTP requests
- Building web and file servers
- Installing packages with npm
- Managing and linking global packages
- Working with Express, the web server framework
- Handling POST and DELETE requests
- Creating WebSockets
- Testing and debugging Node.js code
Skill Level Advanced
Node.js: Real-Time Web with Socket.IOwith Emmanuel Henri1h 24m Intermediate
Work with VSCode1m 59s
1. The HTTP Module
3. Web Servers
5. Node.js Testing
6. Automation and Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.