In this video, learn some details around where to find the exercise files and how to use them. Discover how each video has a start and end state of the application and can be used accordingly to follow along.
- [Instructor] You can follow along with this course using the provided exercise files. Just download the zip file and extract the folder to a place of your choice. I extracted my copy here on the desktop for each access. You'll see that the exercise files are organized by chapter and lesson to make it easy for you to follow along with the videos. Keep in mind that not every chapter has exercise files. Each folder has a copy of our project as it looks at both the beginning and end of each video. If you want to jump ahead and see how the code would look at the end of a video, you can always peek inside the end folder for that video.
So, for example, we can go in chapter two, if we're in chapter two, video three in chapter two, and then the start state. So, you can simply drag and drop these files inside of VS Code or open them with Explorer. So, let's go ahead and do that. So, let's open VS Code. Open folder. And then, let's use the start state. And then, all you have to do is install the dependencies from your package.json. So, let's do that.
So, click on view, integrated terminal, and do an npm install. And, off you go. So, please keep in mind that sometimes the code is a work in progress and if you run npm start or yarn start, if you're using yarn, the application won't run and may return an error. This is expected and won't effect your ability to follow along.
- Creating a basic data endpoint
- Routing with Express
- Adding a static route for file serving
- Basic middleware with Express
- Built-in middleware and error-handling middleware
- Debugging in an Express application
- Security best practices with Express