Join Alex Banks for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Advanced Node.js: Scaling Applications.
- [Instructor] We can't start scaling the applications from scratch, we need some examples and samples to scale. So this course has a set of exercise files that you can download and follow along with. This will allow you to work alongside of me with the exact same files that I'll be working on. In the exercise files folder, you'll find folders for each chapter in a corresponding subfolder for each of the videos where we'll be working on code. In each video subfolder, you'll find a start and finished folder. When the video begins, I'll start with the files in the start folder, and when the video ends, I'll end with the files found in the finished folder.
Let's go ahead and begin scaling Node.js applications.
- The scale cube
- Scaling the x-axis, z-axis, and y-axis
- Forking processes
- Implementing a database instance
- Database scaling
- Setting up horizontal partitioning
- Decomposing your app into microservices