The exercise files for this course reflect the start and finish of each chapter that contains code changes. Find out how to navigate these files.
- [Instructor] This course comes with an exercise files folder. I've already unzipped it here to my desktop, and when I click on it, you see that in this folder, you find sub folders for each chapter that contains changes to the code. They reflect the state of the project as it should be when you follow the instructions in the chapter, and as you see there is always a begin and a finish folder in there. Inside those begin and finish folders you'll find the individual sample projects, and let's click on maxcoin here, and here you see that the node modules folder with all dependencies of the project is not bundled with the exercise files.
Instead, all dependencies are managed with the package json and package json lock files in the package root folder of your application. To install all of these dependencies, simply type npm install for each project contained and it will pull down all dependencies from the npm repository.
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.