Join Ryan Lewis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Switching to ES6 in Node.js.
- [Narrator] You can follow along with this course using the provided exercise files. Just download the zip file and extract the folder to a location of your choice. I extracted my copy on the desktop for easy access. You'll see that the exercise files are organized by lesson to make it easy for you to follow along with the videos. Keep in mind that not every lesson will have exercise files. Each folder has a copy of our application as it looks at the beginning of each video located in the Start folder. The Finished folder has any modifications made to the code during the course of the video.
Each Start and Finished folder is self-contained copy of the demo application without dependencies, so you'll need to make sure to run MPM Install before attempting to start the application.
- Using arrow functions
- Using default parameters
- Reviewing the class structure in ES6
- Assigning variables with let and const
- Array destructuring and object destructuring
- Replacing callbacks with promises
- Keeping values unique with Set
- Dropping the prototype with Map
- Working with generators
- Using yield with arguments