Learn about using Redis PUBSUB.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the final video…in the section Using Redis Messaging;…which is part o' the course…Build Complex Express Sites with Redis and Socket.io.…Now in the previous video, we learned about…sending messages in Redis.…In this video, we're gonna go just a little bit further…and kind of see how we can use messaging.…So in this video, we're gonna go a little further…and just see how we can put everything together.…So, we will learn all about the publish and subscribe.…So we will use the things that we learned…in the previous two videos,…which is publish and subscribe.…
And kind of see some ways that we can use it…that are actually useful.…So let's go ahead and get started.…So in this video, we will get a feel…for how Redis Messaging works.…Again, we'll be using the Redis command line interface…as we have not covered connecting…the Redis in NODE JS yet;…which we will do in the very next video.…So one o' the things we should take note of…is that when we create a new instance of…the Redis command line interface,…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.