Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Express generator, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] In this course, we've created…an express application from scratch…to really understand all the bits and pieces.…For real projects, you might want…to check out the Express generator.…It lets you create a new Express project…with just one simple command.…So let's try this out.…For that we have to first install the Express generator…so I type sudo and you only have to use sudo…if you're on Linux or a Mac.…NPM install dash G,…because we want to install it globally,…express dash generator.…
Now after installing that,…we have the express command available…so we can type express and dash H…to get the help output of it.…So you see that it comes with a few options.…We will now only run Express…and the project name…and I simply name it test project.…This now created a folder, test project, for us…and if I look into that, I see a package JSON…that already has all the dependencies…entered that we need but the node modules…for this still missing, so if you want to get started…with this project, you would then have to run…
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.