Explore how to add HTTPS protocol to your application and about the certificate providers.
- [Instructor] What is the HTTPS protocol?…It is basically the same Hypertext Transfer Protocol…that we've been using to browse the web but secure.…It allows to transfer the webpages you view…in a secure manner.…It means the communications between your browser…and the website is encrypted.…As of late, most browsers will indicate when an application…or website isn't using the more secure HTTPS protocol…and therefore, advises users…against using your site or application.…So it is strongly recommended you use it.…
In fact, in some cases,…the browser will even prevent the site…from being loaded into your browser if it isn't using HTTPS.…So how do you make sure your website…or application is using the secure protocol?…By making sure the domain you're using…has an SSL certificate.…Most domain-selling entity offers SSL certificate nowadays…and if yours isn't, you can get one…for free from Let's Encrypt…and then install it on your server.…The way it works, you get the certificate from the entity,…then follow the instructions on your server ISP…
- OWASP resources and security threats
- Cross-site scripting and denial of service attacks
- Managing packages in a Node.js app
- Adding two-factor and read-only tokens with npm
- Using prepared statements for SQL/NoSQL
- Encrypting user data and session management
- Adding HTTPS protocol to an application
- Using cookie attributes
- Tools for testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuningwith Jon Peck2h 44m Intermediate
1. Security Overview
OWASP top 10 in Node.js2m 22s
2. Best Practices: Packages
3. Best Practices: Data
4. Best Practices: Server Level
5. Tools for Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.