Gain a deeper understanding of how microservices are built and used. Learn how to use Node.js to build out a microservices architecture from scratch.
- [Instructor] Microservices are a common pattern in modern software architectures, and very often Node.js is the platform of choice for building them. With platforms like Kubernetes or Cloud Foundry on the rise in every enterprise, knowledge about microservices is key for any software developer. With knowledge I mean, you should not just know how to deploy a service to a platform, you should also comprehend the common patterns behind it. You should be able to utilize the basic principles and concepts. In this course, we will use Node.js to build out the microservice architecture from scratch carrying the most important concepts like service discovery, resilience, and decoupling. As scenario, we will cover the very common use case where you have an existing monolithic app that you want to split into individual services. In the end, you will have gained a lot of practical knowledge that you can apply to your day to day work. Additionally, the micro service infrastructure we will build can be used as a good starting point for your own project. I am Daniel Khan. For more than 17 years, I've been working as a developer and architect in tech. Join me now, on my LinkedIn Learning Course on building microservices with Node.js. So let's get started.
- Setting up a service registry
- Registering and deregistering services
- Versioning and load balancing
- Adding the service logic
- Working with the circuit breaker
- Using queues
- Consuming and storing feedback
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuningwith Jon Peck2h 44m Intermediate
1. Get started with Microservices
2. Creating a Service Registry
3. Splitting Up a Monolith into Microservices
4. Adding Fault Tolerance and Resilience
5. Using Queues with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.