Learn about the advantages that testing automation frameworks have, including selective test running, aggregation of results, and delegation of maintenance responsibility.
- [Narrator] I've described several different ways…of testing software.…Unit, integration, and even functional testing…can be automated, using a framework.…But, how does automation work?…Test automation is separate software from the application…that is being written and tested.…Test automation has multiple purposes.…First, it controls test execution,…including order of execution and filtering of tests,…based on criteria.…The goal is to avoid repetitive tasks,…that are inherent with manual tasks to execution.…
With that context, a testing framework,…also known as a testing automation framework,…is an execution environment for automated tests.…A testing framework is useful for a number of reasons.…A testing framework performs a number of helpful tasks.…Starting with a consistent definition…of how assertions are defined,…which promotes maintainability.…They control and interact with the tested application.…A testing framework executes tests,…or more importantly, it reports the results.…
This includes individual results,…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.