Before moving on, Scott answers a number of audience questions on testing strategies, and demonstrates a few alternative approaches.
(asian music)…- [Scott] I'm curious, what are some other strategies…that people used?…Anybody use something different?…No?…Everybody did it exactly like this?…I doubt it.…Unless you looked at the next branch.…So I know you used promises.…- [Student] Yeah I used promises.…- [Scott] Yeah.…Who else did something different?…No?…- [Student] They're just asking on line 5,…- [Scott] Yeah.…
- [Student] The way you wrote lions,…is that a style thing?…- [Scott] Oh, no, it was just,…I don't know, I'm just picky…about how this stuff prints out in the terminal.…And like, if it didn't,…like if I get rid of it,…it just didn't show up well enough,…so I just put brackets around it.…Like, that didn't show up well enough for me.…I was like, ah, I'm going to put brackets around it…so it shows up better, that's it.…Yeah, it's just a style thing,…so that's why I put brackets around it.…Even then, I'm still not satisfied the way it looks,…so I might change the color of it or something.…
What you could do, you could npm install colors…and change the color of this thing to yellow or something.…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.