Explore domain-specific languages such as test-driven development and behavior-driven development for writing test specifications.
- [Instructor] While there are many different ways…to write test specifications,…testing frameworks provide…consistent interfaces for developers.…Most frameworks provide multiple domain-specific languages,…or DSLs, for writing tests.…Each standardizes the vocabulary used to write tests…which in turn improves developer communication.…Each DSL describes how to interact with the framework.…Common examples include test-driven development, or TDD,…and behavior-driven development, known as BDD.…Those terms may seem familiar,…but what do they mean?…Test-driven development is a software development process.…
In its purest from, software requirements…are turned into test cases.…Then the software is improved until those tests pass.…Throughout development, the tests are run…over and over again,…giving feedback to the programmer.…Strictly following test-driven development…in its most academic form…can be too extreme for most situations.…Outside of some very specific…corporate or technical environments,…you probably won't know all of the tests…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.