Compare the features and requirements of different Node.js testing frameworks, including AVA, Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, and tape.
- [Instructor] We've set up linting tools…to scan our application for suspicious code,…but that doesn't address how our application works.…Let's validate the correctness…of our application with unit testing.…Throughout this chapter, our focus is going to be…on unit testing tools and techniques.…We'll start with a survey of testing frameworks…and their approaches to testing.…Then, we'll compare different assertion libraries…used to determine correctness.…With an informed decision,…we'll install a testing framework…and assertion library into our project.…
Once the tools are in place, we'll write some unit tests…to prevent and detect bugs in our applications.…Finally, we'll test two types of asynchronous code,…which isn't as complicated as it sounds.…Let's get started with a survey…to compare node.js testing frameworks.…Some of the most popular node.js testing frameworks are,…in alphabetical order, AVA, Jasmine,…Jest, Mocha, and Tape.…We'll take a look at each.…
AVA, available from ava.li is a minimalist testing…framework in both its overhead and its approach.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.