Often, Redis has data that is stored across multiple keys. This makes getting the data difficult.
- [Narrator] Welcome to Store Complex Data,…part of the course Build Complex Express Sites…with Redis and Socket.io.…In a previous video, we learned how to subscribe…and publish in node.js.…In this video, we are going to expand on how to store…and retrieve data from Redis.…We will do this in a fashion that is closer…to what we would do in a production site.…This means using Promises…and having complex indexes with data.…So let's go ahead and get started.…The things we will focus on for this video…involve making the data Redis returns easier to work with.…
In the previous videos, we just called…the Redis commands directly…and used a call-back to handle the data.…This can lead to many call-backs and difficulty…in determining what is happening.…To fix this, we will create a separate Redis object…that will connect the Redis and return Promises.…Once we have a Promise based object, we can then…start looking up data in Redis.…First, we will look up data based…on a key from another key,…then we'll look up data based on multiple keys.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
RESTful Web API Design with Node.jswith Saleh Hamadeh2h 35m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.