How do you use sorted sets?
- [Joshua] Welcome to the video,…Store Complex Data with Sorted Sets, part of the course,…Build Complex Sites with Redis and Socket.io.…In this video, we're going to take a look…at using sorted sets.…We're gonna do this by creating a site…that will store data in a sorted set…and then pull it out in a couple of different ways.…Just as a quick refresh at the idea of a sorted set…from the previous videos, a sorted set is a set…that has a score attached to each item.…What the score is and what is meant is up to us.…
In this video, we'll use a score to track a timestamp…of when the user was last seen.…We're gonna use a similar dataset to the last few videos.…We'll have three dogs that we can reference by ID.…Then, we'll have a couple different URLs that will allow us…to see when the last time these dogs were looked up.…So, let's go ahead and take a look at the account.…Again, like all the videos in this course,…we have a docker_command.text…so that you can easily run the commands that are needed…to make sure the Docker container is running.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
RESTful Web API Design with Node.jswith Saleh Hamadeh2h 35m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.