Learn how to start integrating Socket.IO and Express together.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the section…Using Socket.io and Express,…part of the series Build Complex Express Sites…with Redis and Socket.io.…In this, the final section,…we will cover the most complex topics.…In this section, we will get sharing state…between Express and Socket.io,…then the problem with routes,…and using Redis to share connections between servers,…and finally, sending messages to Socket.io clients…from outside the Socket.io server.…
Now in this specific video,…we will be discussing how to share state…between Socket.io and Express.…We will do this…by looking at using Express and Socket.io together,…and in Socket.io Middleware,…and finally, we will cover sessions in Socket.io.…So let's go ahead and get started.…In the previous sections, we have technically…been using Express and Socket.io together…but there was no real integration.…Express was just a server serving the HTML pages.…
We could have used the built-in Node.js HTTP server…and nothing would have been different.…Now in this video, we will be going more in depth…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.