Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up and preparing the exercise files, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] This course comes with an exercise files folder. In this folder you'll find subfolders for each video that contains changes to the code. They reflect the state of the project as it should be when you follow the instruction in the video and you see that we always have a begin state and an end state. The Node modules folder is not bundled with the exercise files. Instead, all dependencies are managed where the package json and package lock json files in the root folder of your application.
To install all of these dependencies, simply type npm install in the root folder of the given project. This will pull down all dependencies from the npm repository.
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.