Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the basic application structure, part of Building a Website with Node.js and Express.js.
- [Instructor] Now is a good time to create the structure…and the setup for our main project.…For that I've created a new empty folder called Work…and copied the provided HTML folder…from the exercise files into it.…Next, let's create the folder our project should live in,…and I will call it conference.…So I right click and select new folder,…and I create a folder called conference.…
Now I'm opening the integrate terminal…and there I move into this folder already.…In there we now want to create a package json…which will manage all our dependencies for that,…I will run npm init dash y,…in integrate terminal,…and we see that it created…the basic package json file for us.…We will edit and adapt it a bit later.…
Next, obviously we want to install express,…so we run npm install dash dash save express.…so we run npm install dash dash save express.…This will pull down express and all its dependencies…and add an entry to package json.…We see it here.…You should also see the package log json file,…this is a rather new feature in npm,…
- Creating a server with Express and pure Node.js
- Handling errors in Express
- Creating routes
- Using templates
- Working with the Pug template engine
- Implementing the site structure and logic
- Working with conditionals
- Dealing with POST requests
- Sanitizing user inputs and handling form errors
Skill Level Beginner
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
What you should know1m 40s
1. Getting Started
2. Express Basics
3. Getting Started with Our Project
4. Getting Started with Templates
5. Implementing the Site Structure and Logic
6. Handling Form Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.