To get started with the sample apps, learn how to set up and configure the sample apps for this course.
- [Instructor] As I said in the beginning,…we will develop two sample apps during this course.…For both, you find boilerplate code…in your exercise files as shown here.…So, I will use Visual Studio Code…real quick to open them.…First, I will open the maxcoin…application by selecting File, then Open,…then I select the maxcoin folder from the sample apps,…and I select Open.…
Let's review this rig fig.…We have a package.json file…that defines one dependency already,…and we have test.js file, and in here,…you have a generic function…that fetches some bitcoin values from a public API.…Down here, we also have some test function here…that makes sure that this API call actually works.…Let's review maxcoin real quick.…So, if we look into the package.json,…we see that there is one dependency already,…and as for every node.js project we have to install…their dependencies before we do anything else,…so I run npm install, in the root folder here,…and this will pull down request here,…and will create a folder node_modules…that now contains the dependencies of this project.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.