Redis is a key-value store that is frequently used with Node.js. In this video, learn how to pull, configure, and run a Redis container in Docker.
- [Instructor] Similarly to mongodb,…we will also install a Docker container for redis.…For that, make sure the that Docker daemon is still running,…you see it here, and now on the console…I will run docker pull redis,…and this will pull down the redis image from the Docker Hub.…And next, we can simply run docker run --name,…and the container should be called redis,…and I add -p for some port configuration…and this will be now 7379:6379.…
We want to detach it from the terminal,…and the container should be called redis.…Let's hit return, and see if it runs…by typing docker ps, and we see…that we now have also a redis container…running along with the mongodb container.…As for mongodb, we also want to use…some graphic user interface to look…into what's stored in redis,…and there is an awesome no-chess model…that gives you full-fledged redis TUI,…and we will install that now…via npm install -g redis-commander.…
As you see, I'm using Pseudo here,…because on Mac you have to be administrator…to install an npm module globally.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.