In this video, learn how to pull, configure, and run a Docker image for MySQL.
- [Instructor] We installed Mongodb and Redis…already from docker.…Now it's time to install MySQL.…For that I will open my terminal again.…There I will now run docker pull mysql.…Now MySQL is downloading.…Running the container is now a little bit different…than with Mongodb and Redis.…We have to pass some configuration in here.…
First, docker run.…That's the same still.…Then dash dash name mysql.…Next we will add some port mapping,…so 3406 to 3306 in the container,…and now we want to…add configuration to set the rule to password…off this MySQL server.…Add dash e, and then in uppercase mysql_root_password…equals, and here on our local developing machine…we can really take something simple here.…
Use mypassword.…Then we also want to detach it from the console,…and we want to use the mysql image for that.…Let's run that.…Now let's run docker ps.…We see that we have now Redis, Mongodb,…and MySQL running here.…Now we also want to install some preference user interface…for MySQL will use MySQL Workbench here.…
I open the browser and there I search for MySQL Workbench.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.