In this video, learn how to pull, configure, and run a MongoDB Docker image.
- [Narrator] To get started with MongoDB,…we first have to use Docker to download…and run a container for it.…Make sure that your Docker daemon is running.…You can do that by simply clicking here…on the Docker icon, and you see…that Docker is running here.…And then, open the terminal.…And here, we type docker pull mongo.…And this will pull down the MongoDB image from Docker Hub.…
Next, we start a new container…by typing docker run --name.…And we will call this container mongodb,…and now we add some port configuration.…I will explain it in a second.…So, first I type it 37017,…column 27017.…
And this will map the default port 27017…to 37017 on localhost.…Next, I add a -d.…This will make sure that the container will be detached.…This means it runs in the background.…And then, we also have to add the image…that we want to use to create this container.…Again, your mileage might slightly vary…depending on the operating system you are on.…
Basically it's always the same.…But if you run into problems,…please look into the documentation of Docker…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.