Configure Mocha with the configuration file mocha.opts to recursively scan all test directories, and then run all tests using npm.
- We've already configured Mocha to run through npm test,…so let's execute our brand new tests.…Switch over to Adam,…open the terminal,…and type npm test, then press return.…That's unexpected.…We definitely wrote multiple tests.…What's going on?…Mocha requires a test target.…It shouldn't be that big of a deal,…because Mocha defaults to the test directory.…
That seems logical.…So, why didn't it work?…Mocha is not recursive by default.…Instead, it's set by an option.…Let's try again.…From the terminal, type npm test, then space --…to pass an option, and then --recursive,…and press return.…Fantastic.…They're all passing.…If not, go back a video and check for typos…or check the exercise files.…
Passing those options is a bit awkward.…Is there a way to configure Mocha permanently?…There sure is.…The file mocha.opts is a pseudo-configuration file.…I say pseudo because its contents are combined…with Mocha's command-line interface arguments.…Of course, the CLI arguments take precedence…over the opts file, so you can manually override as needed.…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.