Explore how to use MySQL Workbench to learn which tables Sequelize created from the model definitions.
- [Instructor] We saw that SQL has obviously performed…some database statement on our database.…Let's see what it actually did.…So, open our database connection here.…Here in shopsy you see now…that there are two new tables created.…It's the orders table and the order items table.…So, let's look at this table structure a little bit.…So, I right-click on it and select Table Inspector.…And I select Columns.…
And as you see, for orders,…it created all those order fields.…And let's look also at the keys.…It…created a foreign key to order items.…Let's look at the other side of that.…I look into order items.…Again, the Table Inspector…and here I have all those columns…For…an order item…And this is the key to the order.…
It's the order ID key.…And let's look at the foreign keys here.…You'll see that these foreign keys also defined here.…So, we have this one to one to end connection…between orders and order item.…My SQL workbench also has this neat feature…called Reverse Engineer.…So, let's try that out.…I open Database,…and here I select Reverse Engineer.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.