Explore the use of a rate limiter module to prevent DoS attacks.
- [Narrator] Like we've mentioned before,…DOS attacks will typically overwhelm your servers…with requests, until your server's IO is overloaded,…and therefore, shuts itself down.…This can be prevented by eliminating the number…of requests in a specific amount of time.…And this can be prevented from an express…middleware called Express Rate Limit.…There is also a module called Rate Limiter,…but it has a Redis dependency.…So if you're not a fan of adding extra packages…when not needed, then use the Express one.…If you're using Redis in your application,…feel free to use the MPM module.…
So, let's explore adding the Express Rate Limit module.…So, let's go back to Visual Studio code,…and go to the terminal here.…So if you don't have it open,…click on View, Integrated Terminal.…And once you have it open,…do mpm install express-rate-limit.…When the dependencies have been installed,…and as you can see, we've marked this project…to be audited whenever we install new dependencies.…
So, since we've done mpm audit every single time…
- OWASP resources and security threats
- Cross-site scripting and denial of service attacks
- Managing packages in a Node.js app
- Adding two-factor and read-only tokens with npm
- Using prepared statements for SQL/NoSQL
- Encrypting user data and session management
- Adding HTTPS protocol to an application
- Using cookie attributes
- Tools for testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuningwith Jon Peck2h 44m Intermediate
1. Security Overview
OWASP top 10 in Node.js2m 22s
2. Best Practices: Packages
3. Best Practices: Data
4. Best Practices: Server Level
5. Tools for Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.