Scott wraps up the course with a few final Q&A questions about service-oriented architectures, using different third-party services, recommendations for style guides or code-quality checkers, and profiling/debugging Node.js.
- [Moderator] Question.…If I was building a large application…with multiple application modules,…should I write one monolithic Node app…or build multiple Node apps with…some sort of messaging between the modules?…- So there's a new trend for everybody…using a SOA, a service oriented architecture,…where we have that setup,…where everything is a service that does…this one small thing and we have a messaging system,…some queuing system where we communicate between these two.…Or maybe we build some type of HTTP interface.…So that's a thing that's trending…and it's great, it's very flexible.…
I like that approach, but at the same time,…having one huge monolithic Node app,…if that's where your skill level is and that's where,…if you're talking like production,…I'd probably go SOA, service oriented architecture,…but if you're talking about like,…I'm just going to build this pet thing…so I can get a feel for Node, I would start there.…I wouldn't go out and start building…all these microservices everywhere for my to-do app.…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Slack Bot with Node.js Microserviceswith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.