Scott begins the final Q&A by answering questions about when to use query string variables, how to identify quality node libraries, and the scalability of Mongo.
(techno Asian music)…- [Scott] Alright, so now is the time for us to open up…and ask questions about anything that we've been exploring…the last three days, or ask me anything about Node,…API Express, Mongo, Mongoose, or anything in general.…Yo.…- [Voice] As far as API Design goes,…I've heard some people say, like, let's say you have,…let's say you're on, like, the Netflix home page…and it has all those movie tiles, they say, like, you know,…if you're doing a request for each one of those tiles…it's going to be a lot of requests, so, you know, they'll,…like, add parameters at the end, with like,…oh, I want a group of six.…
- Yeah.…- [Voice] Stuff like that.…So, what I'm wondering is, like, how should you balance,…like, how many parameters and stuff you should put…on and how restful you want to design your API?…- Well, there are common patterns like sorting,…filtering, and ordering. Those are common. And limits.…- [Voice] Yeah.…- And then if you're doing something like pagination…then you have, like, a cursor where it's like,…
This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 12/30/2015. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Executing Node.js
- Using Express
- What is middleware?
- Testing in Node.js
- Using Mongo with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Querying data with Mongoose
- Identifying sensitive routes
- Configuring the deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building APIs Using Hapi in Node.jswith Kirsten Hunter2h 23m Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
2. REST APIs
5. Organization and Configuration
7. Data Modeling
10. Securing Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.