Learn how to receive messages from Redis PUBSUB.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the Publish part of the course,…Build Complex Express Sites with Redis and Socket.io.…In the previous video, we covered the basics…of Redis messaging and listening for messages.…In this video, we're going to take a look…at sending messages.…To do this, it'll involve discussing…the command subscribe and how it works.…And then we'll look at…the actual message definition that gets sent.…Let's go ahead and jump into this.…Like we discussed in the last video,…Redis messaging is actually pretty simple.…
This means that the actual implementation…and use is really easy.…When we send a message, it will just be a string.…There are not extra types that we can send.…Now what this message means is completely up to us.…We could have it point to an ID in a database…that we have to take an action on,…it could be a string or a string of json…that we can parse using node js…and do something with the resulting object.…In Redis messaging, nothing is defined for us.…So we will really just be looking at…how this works in Redis command line interface.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.