Get a brief introduction to Burp.
- [Instructor] Burp is another testing tool…similar to Snake, but with its paid version,…goes into much more details…and scans for many other issues…not covered in a basic plan like Snake offers.…So go to portswigger.net/burp.…What differentiates Burp to Snake…is the amount of options and types of scan…you can set up and automate.…You can even specify the specific paths you'd like scanned…and for what exactly.…Once set up, Burp's automated scans…can save you a lot of time of researching,…or going through reports since you've specified…exactly what you wanted to scan.…
Although the paid version is a bit hefty,…if you're looking for this type of granularity,…Burp can be a strong tool in your shed,…but if you're looking for more automated reports,…and are already a heavy user of GitHub repos,…then Snake might make more sense for you.…Take a look at all the tools…that we've explored in this course,…and you have a really good set of tools…that you can use to evaluate your projects,…your dependencies, and so on, so forth.…
- OWASP resources and security threats
- Cross-site scripting and denial of service attacks
- Managing packages in a Node.js app
- Adding two-factor and read-only tokens with npm
- Using prepared statements for SQL/NoSQL
- Encrypting user data and session management
- Adding HTTPS protocol to an application
- Using cookie attributes
- Tools for testing
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuningwith Jon Peck2h 44m Intermediate
1. Security Overview
OWASP top 10 in Node.js2m 22s
2. Best Practices: Packages
3. Best Practices: Data
4. Best Practices: Server Level
5. Tools for Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.