Learn about sending messages from other processes—and even other languages.
- [Instructor] Welcome to out of process messaging.…The final video of the course Build Complex Express Sites…with Redis and Socket.io.…In the previous video, we learned how to create Socket.io…sites that run across multiple servers.…We did this with Redis and essentially what we did is…shared state between them so that when you're connected…to one server the messages could flow to the other.…Now through the course of this video…we're going to see how we can send messages to a Socket.io…server from a script that is not even part of the site.…
We will do this by using Redis and we will connect to it…from another process.…So let's go ahead and jump right into the code.…Again like we've been doing before we will look at…package JSON first.…As you can see we have express and socket.io…and then we have these two packages.…We have socket.io-emitter and redis.…Now these two packages are very similar.…Socket.io redis is used to connect two socket.io servers…together.…We used that in the last video.…Emitter is a library we can use with another script…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.