Integrated Socket.IO and Express do not share requests. How do you get them to work together?
- [Narrator] Welcome to the one problem…with Socket.io and Express.…We'll discuss the problem that comes up…when using these technologies together.…In the last video, we learned how to share state…between Express and Socket.io.…In this video, we're gonna take a look at how Express routes…and Socket.io events can be brought together.…So, we just talked about what the first step was…to using Express and Socket.io together,…which was sharing state.…We're now gonna talk about the one major problem…with Express and Socket.io.…
That is that they both use different ways to connect.…Let's us an example of a site…that covers Chicago sports teams.…So here we'll just focus…on the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Bears.…So we'll say that this site has articles that can be read,…and if the team that the article's about…is currently playing, we'll want…to send real-time score updates to the reader.…Now thinking about just the Express site,…we can use routes to query a database of articles…and then display them to the reader.…
From there, the reader can select an article,…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.