- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Reasons for using a JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Securing an API with LoopBack
- User management in LoopBack
- Setting access controls
- Securing an API manually
- Finalizing secured endpoints
Skill Level Advanced
- [Emmanuel] Building an application is always exciting, until you realize it is missing some key security measures. Until you implement these measures, you might be putting your users, application data and core of your functions at risk. Understanding the resources and the tools available to you to implement secured APIs is what this course is about. Hi, I'm Eny Henry and having worked on multiple large scale projects, where security was always top on mind, it will be my pleasure to support you on this journey.
First, we'll look at the top web application threats and what are the main resources to learn more about them. Then, we'll give you an introduction on OWASP, one of the main resources on security. Next, we'll go through one of the most user friendly frameworks, to quickly get you started with user models, ACLs, tokens and more. Then, we'll take a look at what you need to put together, if you decide to go on your own with Node security. Finally, we'll explore a few other libraries, built for access control.
So if you're ready to learn more about security, fire up your favorite editor and let's get started.