Join Daniel Khan for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Building a Slack Bot with Node.js Microservices.
- [Daniel] Thank you for taking this course.…I hope you liked it.…During this course, I've shown you…how to create a semi-complex node application…that consumes and provides APIs,…that worked with dynamic data structures…like the service registry and we learned the basics…of natural language processing and bots.…You can now use the framework we've created…to create more services that perform…even more complex tasks.…You should definitely look into how to test your application…and I recommend you to take a closer look at the module…and shouldn't marker,…as to provide everything you need for that.…
To extend Aras capabilities even more,…you could add conversation around us…by keeping track of what the user said last…and factoring this into the replies Aras gives.…For that you could store the conversation in a database,…maybe mongo to be.…I post a lot note-related information on Twitter…and I would be happy if you follow me there.…And if you ever happen to see me at a conference…feel free to hit me up any time.…So, see you soon.…
After explaining some basics about Node.js and microservices, Daniel shows you how to sketch out the planned architecture for your application and get the boilerplate code, modules, and credentials in place. Next, he shows how to create a bot user in Slack, connect to Slack, and post messages. He also shows you how to get your bot to process variations in text by creating logic that delegates the processing of intent to dedicated modules. Lastly, he shows how to register additional services and he covers how to use monitoring to identify architectural or performance issues.
- Using Slack APIs
- Sketching out a Slack bot architecture
- Setting up a project and choosing modules
- Creating and naming your bot
- Connecting to Slack
- Setting up and using natural language processing
- Routing by intents
- Implementing geocoding and time calculation
- Adding and monitoring services