Microservice architectures can be complex. Sometimes services even communicate with each other. Monitoring ensures that there are no architectural flaws and tells you if a service is badly performing or down.
- [Narrator] Microservice Architectures consist of composable services that usually fulfill only one simple task. We already discussed ones application can consist of many services. Sometimes development teams are even free to use the language of their choice. How can you keep track of all the services used while your application grows and also make sure that there is no performance degradation caused by a service or a third party app you are using. Imagine that open beta app has a problem and is really performing slowly.
In service architectures, it is key to apply strict rules on how services communicate with each other. For instance, in some cases, you may want to make sure that one service does not directly connect to a database but uses an API provided by another service. As your application and your team grows, monitoring is the only way to assure that. There are some vendors providing full-stack monitoring tools. Take your time to evaluate them when the time comes.
After explaining some basics about Node.js and microservices, Daniel shows you how to sketch out the planned architecture for your application and get the boilerplate code, modules, and credentials in place. Next, he shows how to create a bot user in Slack, connect to Slack, and post messages. He also shows you how to get your bot to process variations in text by creating logic that delegates the processing of intent to dedicated modules. Lastly, he shows how to register additional services and he covers how to use monitoring to identify architectural or performance issues.
- Using Slack APIs
- Sketching out a Slack bot architecture
- Setting up a project and choosing modules
- Creating and naming your bot
- Connecting to Slack
- Setting up and using natural language processing
- Routing by intents
- Implementing geocoding and time calculation
- Adding and monitoring services