Learn about using PUBSUB in Node.js.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the messaging video.…Part of the course, Build Complex Express Sites…with Redis and Socket.io.…In the previous video,…we learned how to connect to Redis in Node.js…and do some simple storage and retrieval.…Now in this video, we're going to take a look at…using the Pub/Sub feature of Redis.…So we do this by using subscribe and publish,…and sending some messages by the end of this video.…So let's go ahead and get started.…Now remember that Pub/Sub is a simple messaging queue.…Anyone that is listening on a certain channel…will get the messages on that channel.…
This is a way that we can have event driven code…between two separate processes.…So we can use this for many things,…but let's think about what we can do it…within the realm of web applications.…As a simple example, we can have a realtime counter…of people that are currently on a page.…This means that as people come to the page,…the counter can increment.…Now I want to point out that we can only really…build the back end of this right now.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Using Redis
- Structures, channels, and subscribing
- Adding messaging
- Integrating Redis and Node.js
- Working with geospacial indexes
- Using Node.js with Socket.IO
- Working with rooms
- Creating namespaces
- Using Socket.IO and Express
- Sharing states
- Using routes
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
RESTful Web API Design with Node.jswith Saleh Hamadeh2h 35m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Using Redis
2. Redis Messaging
3. Integrating Redis and Node.js
4. Using Node.js and Socket.IO
5. Using Rooms and Namespaces in Socket.IO
6. Using Socket.IO and Express
Out of process messaging8m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.