Learn how to set up and start the demo Node.js microservice application using PM2, a process manager.
- [Instructor] Now that we have all the prerequisites…and we know how the system is built,…let's set up our rock, paper, scissors application…and manage its microservices with PM2.…Switch over to your editor.…I'm gonna open Visual Studio Code.…Let's add the exercise files to the project.…I'm gonna go up to the file menu…and select add folders to workspace.…Navigate to wherever you've extracted the exercise files…and copy the rock-paper-scissors folder.…In my case it's on the desktop.…
Choose the rock-paper-scissors folder and then click add.…There are a number of files and folders over on the left.…We'll go through them at a high level…then turn on the application.…I'm gonna click on the first folder, migrations.…This contains two files which are…used to set up the databases.…Click again to close the folder.…Next is servers which contains the three microservices,…games, players, and web.…We'll look at each in turn.…
First click on games.…This contains one folder, lib,…which contains libraries such as the game structure,…
- Building a troubleshooting mindset
- Why measure performance?
- What's a microservice architecture?
- Managing microservices with PM2
- Effective logging strategies
- Debugging Node.js applications
- Benchmarking performance
- Profiling code execution
- Knowing what to optimize
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
1. Build a Troubleshooting Mindset
2. Introducing Microservices
3. Effective Logging Strategies
4. Debugging Node.js Applications
Debugging isn't just logging3m 51s
5. Measuring Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.