The interaction with web content is a powerful feature of Node.js. The HTTP module can help you make HTTP requests to upload and download information and files from HTTP servers. Gain an understanding of the HTTP module and the HTTPS module. The HTTPS module is useful when dealing with website content hosted with a security certification. Learn the different methods of dealing with requests.
- [Instructor] In order to download … and upload information to the internet, … we're going to need to use one of two modules. … The http module or the https module. … The module that we choose to use depends upon … whether or not the connection is encrypted. … I'm looking at Snoopy's page on Wikipedia. … we can see that we are making an https, … a securely encrypted connection … We can find most people and characters … simply by searching the wiki for their name. … For instance, I can type Charlie underscore Brown … and when I hit enter I'm sending a GET request to that url … and the response is streamed back to me as this webpage. … So we could request this webpage from Node.js. … In fact, let's do that. … I'm within our exercise files for lesson one, lesson one one … and within the Start folder let's create … a new file called request.js. … The first thing that we need to do … Now again, we have a choice between http and https, … but since Wikipedia is encrypted, … I'm going to need to use the https module. …
- Making HTTP requests
- Building web and file servers
- Installing packages with npm
- Managing and linking global packages
- Working with Express, the web server framework
- Handling POST and DELETE requests
- Creating WebSockets
- Testing and debugging Node.js code
Skill Level Advanced
Node.js: Real-Time Web with Socket.IOwith Emmanuel Henri1h 24m Intermediate
Work with VSCode1m 59s
1. The HTTP Module
3. Web Servers
5. Node.js Testing
6. Automation and Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.