Take a look back at how and why the author started working with databases.
- [Narrator] Before we proceed, let's cover…some basics around databases.…Along the way I will also show you…a bit of my personal history around this topic.…First of all, what are databases?…They are usually large collection of data…organized for rapid search and retrieval.…This definition is not bound to computers, actually.…Anything indexed can be a database.…Think about phone books.…I'm sure even ancient cultures had a way…to record their tax bookkeeping…in a way so that it could be easily retrieved.…
Fact is, there was never so much data to store…and to retrieve than it is today.…Think about big data.…Let's go back to 1999.…I just started playing around with the very new thing…called internet and websites like that.…I created my first HTML pages.…Hopefully they didn't look like the one you see here.…I used PEARL to create some dynamic websites…and I came across the problem…that I wanted to create a website…that let you buy stuff,…and I had no idea how to do that.…
Back then, for websites there were a few ways to store data.…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.