Optimize ESLint’s configuration using a configuration hierarchy and selective ignoring of third-party files and directories to be excluded.
- [Instructor] The ability to lint the entire codebase…is built into ESLint.…The trick is making it useful.…We're going to run ESLint, but this time specify the dot,…which is the current directory,…so npm run -s for silent, eslint,…and then dot the current directory.…Well, there's over a thousand errors,…but a lot of these aren't actually in…the node.js express code that we've made,…and they're false positives.…For example, there's some stuff in wpembed.men.js,…and contrib is third-party code.…
This is a very real world situation.…A single codebase can include…many different types of functionality.…Of course, the node.js application itself is included.…There's also tests, which may use…a different environmental configuration.…The front end may use a different coding standard,…such as supporting legacy browsers.…Finally, similar to testing,…third-party code should be excluded…because you're not maintaining it.…To support this type of situation,…ESLint configuration files support a hierarchy.…
ESLint will recursively look for…
- What is code quality?
- Testing and code quality fundamentals
- Coding conventions and standards
- Creating and enforcing coding standards
- Unit, integration, and functional testing
- Test-driven development test specificatons
- Behavior-driven development test specifications
- Finding errors with linting
- Extending an ESLint shareable config
- Validating correctness with unit testing
- Replacing and inspecting with stubs, spies, and mocks
- Code coverage and why it matters
- Coverage with continuous integration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Testing and Code Quality Fundamentals
2. Finding Errors with Linting
3. Validating Correctness with Unit Testing
4. Replacing and Inspecting with Stubs, Spies, and Mocks
5. Reporting on Your Entire Codebase
Where to go from here?3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.