Key-value stores are a subset of non-SQLdatabases. They provide limited functionality but high performance. In this video, learn more about key-value stores.
- [Narrator] An important subset of databases are…key-value stores.…In our example in this chapter, we will use Redis for that.…While key-value stores are very limited, they are also…very powerful and fast.…Let's look at the basic principles of them.…So if you ever worked with some associative array with…some programming language this is what it's actually about.…So you have a huge table where you store all the data and…every piece of data is associated with a key.…
Let's look at the example here.…We have maybe some key A and data stored here and we have…some key B and some data stored there, and we have some…key C and we store binary data there.…So that's the very basic principle of key-value stores.…The interesting part is that key-value stores support…different kinds of data types for key and as well for value.…Our key that is now here C could as well be some binary.…
Redis comes with some basic data types as well and we will…now look at the hash map data type because we will use…it in this chapter.…In this case, you have some key and then you have some hash…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.