Join Emmanuel Henri to discover Postman and how it is used in this course. Learn about how to install the tool so you have it ready for API testing.
- [Instructor] In this course, at some point, … we'll need to be able to test and use the API endpoints. … This is where Postman will be used to allow us to get data, … post new items, update, or delete them. … So go to getpostman.com and then scroll to the button … right here, and then click download the app, … and then download the version for your OS. … This works on Mac and Windows as well. … So you can actually use it for Linux as well, … but I've never tried it, so I don't know if it's going to … look the same, but feel free to do so if you are on Linux. … Once you have this package, install it, it's fairly simple. … And then you need to connect it to either … your Google account or sign up to connect … all of your requests directly inside of the application. … So once you have it installed, it looks something like this. … And this is where you can actually make requests. … At the top here, you can select the protocol … that you'd like to make a request from, … so get post, put, and all the usual suspects. …
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Reasons for using a JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Adding bcrypt password hashing
- Adding handlers for registration and login
- Finalizing secured endpoints
- Testing APIs with Postman