Mongoose is a object-document-mapper. In this video, learn the basics of this module.
- [Narrator] For our shop example we will use Mongoose to…access MongoDB.…I'm going to show you a little bit how Mongoose works before…we try it inside a project.…Mongoose is an object-document mapper so…what does this mean?…With Mongoose you can do something like that.…So first you declare a schema with Mongoose schema and…call it "car."…Then on the schema you define that car should have a…property called "make" and this should be a string.…
Next we can create an object type, so a class, called "car"…out of this car schema so now we have a class car here and…next I now create on instance of "car" and define the make…to be a "Ford."…Then I call the message save on my car which causes the…data to be saved to the database.…This means that an object-document mapper provides a method…that let's you persist data into the database and those…methods are directly available through this object where…all of the data is stored on.…
Now to continue this example, Tim comes along and he has…a car as well and it's a Honda, and again now we save…
- Basics of relational and nonrelational databases
- Preparing your environment
- When to use document databases
- Inserting data into MongoDB
- Basic insert operations for MongoDB
- Querying data from MongoDB with Node.js
- Using key-value stores
- Using relational databases with Node.js
- Adding MySQL and Sequelize to a project
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Extend and Maintain Applicationswith Daniel Khan3h 35m Intermediate
Node.js: Build Your First Microservicewith Daniel Khan2h 9m Intermediate
Building a Website with Node.js and Express.jswith Ray Villalobos3h 16m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Databases for Node.js
2. Prepare Your Environment
3. Use Document Databases with Node.js
4. Use Key-Value Stores with Node.js
5. Use Relational Databases with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.