Discover why process managers like PM2 are helpful for managing Node.js processes and microservices.
- [Instructor] We've got a couple different options…for running Node.js Services.…The easiest way would be to start each manually with node.…However, you'd have to start each process one at a time,…and it doesn't watch and restart with changes.…There's also nodemon, but it's also limited…to one process at a time,…and it's intended only for development.…How can we manage multiple Node.js processes…at the same time?…We're going to use PM2, which is a Node.js process manager.…
What's that mean?…A Node.js process manager is a service…that runs in the background.…Meaning it runs behind the scenes,…and without user interaction.…They're used to control and mange Node.js processes.…This includes operations like starting,…stopping and restarting on changes or errors.…They also monitor resource usage, like CPU or memory.…Finally, they gather logs in one place,…which is convenient for debugging and log management.…
Process managers are essential debugging…and performance tools for a number of reasons.…You can see the number of times the process is restarted,…
- Building a troubleshooting mindset
- Why measure performance?
- What's a microservice architecture?
- Managing microservices with PM2
- Effective logging strategies
- Debugging Node.js applications
- Benchmarking performance
- Profiling code execution
- Knowing what to optimize
Skill Level Intermediate
Node.js: Deploying Applicationswith Kirsten Hunter1h 24m Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Node.js and Expresswith Emmanuel Henri1h 40m Intermediate
1. Build a Troubleshooting Mindset
2. Introducing Microservices
3. Effective Logging Strategies
4. Debugging Node.js Applications
Debugging isn't just logging3m 51s
5. Measuring Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.