Express is a web server framework for Node.js and the most popular Node.js framework. It was inspired by Sinatra, a Rails-based web server framework. Alex Banks shows you how to install Express. Then, learn to serve files with Express.
- [Instructor] The Serve module allows us … to serve static file content, but that's just one option. … In order to complete the task of building a ski dictionary … So, instead of using Serve, we're going to use … a package called Express. … We're going to use Express to help us build and customize … a web app that serves files and handles definitions … over a REST API. … So, let's go ahead and get started. … I'm going to come over here to the terminal, … and the first thing I'm going to do … is create a package JSON file. … Now, a really quick way to do this is to say npm init -y. … That answers all of the questions yes, … and just creates a default package JSON file for you. … And now, with that, I can NPN Install Express. … So, Express helps us build websites and APIs quickly … by taking care of the monotonous tasks that are necessary … We can build all sorts of web apps using it. … So, let's go ahead and create our server file … by coming over here to the Start folder and creating …
- Making HTTP requests
- Building web and file servers
- Installing packages with npm
- Managing and linking global packages
- Working with Express, the web server framework
- Handling POST and DELETE requests
- Creating WebSockets
- Testing and debugging Node.js code
Skill Level Advanced
Node.js: Real-Time Web with Socket.IOwith Emmanuel Henri1h 24m Intermediate
Work with VSCode1m 59s
1. The HTTP Module
3. Web Servers
5. Node.js Testing
6. Automation and Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.